- Revision 2.5 (2005-06-01)
- Fixed a problem in makeWhere, where the clause was incorrect if
there were multiple constraints (which does not occur in the base
code). Suggested by Artur Uzieblo.
- Revision 2.4 (2004-11-12) Tk 804-027 compatibility
- Fixed several compatibility problems with Tk 804-027 that
resulted in error messages like: 'ambiguous option "-col" '.
- Fixed a problem with RPM spec file, when doing rpm -F install over
an old version. The symlink in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Nets
could end up incorrect.
- Revision 2.3 (2004-02-23) Minor changes to example database
Updates to example database
- Revision 2.2 (22/6/01) Enhancements, some new features.
Caution, changes to the database schema in this release
require a database dump and reload to migrate from earlier versions.
Refer to the Upgrades section in the
Nets Installation and Administration Guide
for more information.
- Added missing CGIUtil.pm to distribution
- Fixed licensing problem.
- Fixed a problem with GetName and fkmenu. reported and patched
by Marco Alberoni (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks Marco.
- All executables now take an optional -home argument
to override the value of NetsDir.
- Added Auto-Discovery plugin package, that can populate
the database based on an nmap log file. Nmap is a freely
available network scanner,
nmap. The plugin
is installed in the standard distribution.
- Changed the order of items in the Network Browser to be
database NAME order.
- In object editors, focus now defaults to the list on the
left, and can use arrow and space to navigate to and select
an object from the list by using keyboard only.
- Object edit menu on main window is now 2 levels deep.
- Added SLOTS, CARDS, CONTRACTS objects and editors.
- Added SLOTS and CARDS to the Network Browser.
- Added hourglass cursors during database import and export
- Revision 2.1 (17/11/00) Public release
- Removed balloons from some buttons
- Minor UI edits
- Fixed some SQL errors when drilling into objects (context_id
was not defined when tool is run)
- Fixed a problem with grabs reported by john heasley
(email@example.com). Thanks John.
- Fixed a bug with trying to edit a PACKAGE;
- Implemented Ping tool for Devices, Interfaces and Addresses
- Added ID display to all UIs
- Basic web interface for viewing and drilling into objects
- Changed all OBJECTTYPE foreign keys to strings, which removes
the need for nameTopType and typeToName and for priming the
type cache. All removed.
- Added ability to install CGI scripts in packages to
- Added support for optional JPEG and PNG image formats.
require Tk-JPEG and Tk-PNG from CPAN.
- Balloon help is now optional, can be disabled with
DisableBalloonHelp in preferences or Site.pm etc.
- Added ShowHelpCommand and improved context help system.
- Fixed some problems with storing and loading floats (decimals
truncated etc). This involved changing data types for float. Most
SQLs now use decimal(m,d).
- Revision 2.0beta2 (24/10/00) Beta candidate 2
- netsload.pl now uses stdin if no files are named on the command
- Added Edit->Edit Selected... to Network Browser
- Added Save Results As.... to Search window
- Added some more reports to basicdgb.dat
- Added schema and whitepaper to the distribution
- Added Win32 install support to Makefile.PL
- Added -c flag to netsmain to manually specify an RC file to read
- netsmain.pl now reads the License file at startup. Its a Nets
RC file that can contain anything.
- Added interim version of User Guide to distribution
- Added Installation and Administration Guide to distribution
- Fixed some drawing position bugs
- Revision 2.0beta1 (20/10/00) Beta candidate 1
- netsload now takes a -clearfirst argument
- All databases now use the OBJECTTYPE table for generating
IDs for other tables. OBJECTTYPE is now an essential part
of the system, and does not appear in the Schema
- Rationalise netxtId, lastId in light of above
- Fixed a bug in double clicking Audit trail list
- Ports and testing on mysql, Sybase, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL,
ODBC, mSQL, Informix, InterBase.
- Testing on multiple platforms.
- Changed object USER to NETSUSER, because USER is a Sybase keyword
- Added version data type, to provide automatic versioning,
added OVERSION column to all objects, and improved error reporting
so editing collisions will cause an error popup.
- Changed table CURRENT_USER to CURRENT_NETSUSER because CURRENT_USER
id a PostgreSQL keyword.
- Removed ICON object. Icons in DOBJ are now icon file names
relative to IconsPath.
Added Icon selection dialog IconEdit.pm.
- Changed name of NOTE.TEXT to NOTE.NOTE, because TEXT is a reserved
word for mSQL.
- Changed name of PREFERENCE.TYPE to PREFERENCE.DATATYPE because
TYPE is a reserved word for InterBase
- Added more templates
- Added sort menu to ObjectEdit, also a variety of sorters,
also default sort order option to UIdesc.
- Placing a drawing on another drawing sets the size and position
according to the relative latitude and longitudes, if present. Good
for setting up interrelated maps.
- Rewrote font selection dialog, so it is more consistent with
- Icons redone by hugh to make transparent backgrounds.
- Minor UI edits
- Placing a LOCATION on a drawing now uses the lat/long too.
- Added View->Notes... to Drawing
- Added background colour to Drawings
- Added html, ps and pdf version of Nets Developers Guide
- Added message command to NSL
- Improvements to look of message boxes
- Added optional colour palette config option
- Added database install scripts install*.sh
- Added ObjectTree class for Network Browser window.
- Prevented loops in Network Browser
- Added edit menu to report viewer, improved formatting.
- DBUtil::update now alwyas updates columns, even if they are NULL
else, its not possible to change a value from defined to NULL.
- Added trial fkcombo to ObjectEdit
- Revision 2.0alpha3 (9/10/00) Third alpha release candidate
- Removed ICON field from all except DOBJ
- Added lots more icons
- Other minor bug fixes
- Revision 2.0alpha2 (8/10/00) Second alpha release candidate
- Added some new tools to Devices
- Fixed some bugs in tool creation
- Other minor bug fixes
- Revision 2.0alpha1 (6/10/00) First alpha release candidate
- Improved netsdump.pl so it could either dump
all tables or a limited subset, including selection clauses.
- Added new tools to DEVICE. In particular, a tool to
turn a Device and its INterfaces and Connectors into a template
file that will recreate a similar Device
- Also added a Device tool that pops up editors for all the associated
Interfaces and Connectors.
- Revision 1.12 (5/10/00)
- Added LogViewer class, and logging registration
- Various minor UI changes from Hugh
- Added static text and icons to drawings, plus font selection
- Added TEMPLATE class, editor, lister, and TemplateViewer window
for installing multiple objects from one template file
- Completed permissions system
- Revision 1.11 (27/9/00)
- Major reconstruction of dialog creation, Added Build/Configure
- Added new objects SOFTWARE, SOFTWARETYPE, ADMINSTATE, PACKAGE
- Hugh's changes to UI rolled in
- Added netspkginstall.pl, Package.pm and Installer.pm, plus
a sample package in packages/test and PACKAGE lister
- Revision 1.10 (26/9/00)
- Revision 1.9 (25/9/00)
- Added generic Notes for any type of object.
- Added IPV4 address validation: overlapping address ranges are
- Ratioanlised some low-level database handling functions
- Revision 1.8 (15/9/00)
- Complete rejig of Drawing. Maps are now subsumed into drawings.
- Fixed a number of UI issues reported by Hugh.
- Improvements to the AddressMap, which now properly accounts
for netmasks, and CIDR address blocks. IP addresses may now
include an optional /nn CIDR address block size.
- Revision 1.7 (5/9/00)
- Improved window creation, showOid is now gone
- Tool calling now uses non-positional arguments
- Can now edit Reports
- Report definitions are now in the database, not in the file system
- Fixed bugs in left join select clause construction
- Improved script language to permit all arguments for show
and list commands, also added "run filename" command.
- Revision 1.6 (4/9/00)
- Added User class, users, permissions, preferences, session
- Added login dialog. Can also force username and password
with command line args or environment variables
- Logins are inserted in the audit trail
- Can now specify the database to use with command line args
or environment variables
- Added Hooks module and generalised hook calling mechanism that can
be reused throughout the product.
- Improved GenericEdit window layout and resizing behaviour.
- Can now have multiple subpanels in an ObjectEdit that are imlemented
as a Notebook. Good for objects with lots of attributes.
- Improved window creation system, with generic window descriptions
- Added session save and restore. Each user has their own default
session window layout.
- Login failure messages in Login window
- Revamped object schema, adding LINK, LINKTYPE, BUNDLE, CONNECTOR
- Rejigged menu creation to be in line with new Tk standards
- UI field type of 'text' is now multiline
- Added concurrent user management and licensing support
- Revision 1.5 (27/7/00)
- Fixed problem with Address Map: clicking on an address was broken
- Revision 1.4 (4/5/00)
- Revision 1.1 (14/4/00)